Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Puppies and Polkas

Puppies?! Yes, that's right! NICK AND I GOT A PUPPY!!!!!!!! Well, he is kind of a puppy. He's a one year old Shepherd/Husky mix. And my goodness he is adorable! We have been contemplating getting a dog for quite some time now and decided to go to the shelter PAWS Chicago on Saturday. We went and met a nice dog but I just didn't feel the connection to him like I thought I would. On Monday I decided to check their website again just to see if they had any new pups and then I saw him. I was in love with his sweet face right away. I kept his picture up in a tab on my computer at work and looked at him all day. I called Nick and said "WE ARE MEETING HIM!" The info on the website didn't give us much since he was so new to the shelter so we didn't really know what to expect besides his cute face. And then we saw him in person and he was basically everything Nick and I have ever wanted in a dog. See, we are partial to Huskies but they tend to be not very good with small animals.(Like my beloved cats) So we decided to go more towards the Shepherd route. And we got the best of both worlds! He is just the sweetest dog. He is so calm and I think he already feels at home. He is so soft and fluffy and cuddly. I really just love him so much already. So here he is. My new fur baby! Loki!

Just look at him!
Ok, ok. I'm done gushing about my dog. But, can you blame me?! So onto polkas. I totally forgot I had this dress. Which kind of stinks because I could have been wearing it for the past couple months! I just love the polka dot trend. Just imagine if this dress didn't have dots and was just plain old gray. BORING. Polka dots are so fun and can liven up an outfit in a subtle way or in a big way. This dress being a pretty big way.






Dress: Old Navy (on sale!!)
Tights: American Apparel (in Midnight Blue)
Belt: H&M-Similar here 
Socks: H&M-Similar here 
Boots: ALDO-Similar here 
Watch: Michael Kors 
Necklace: Forever 21-Similar here

No comments:

Post a Comment