Thursday, February 7, 2013

Plaid & Leopard

Hi there. I took a day off. Did you miss me? Sometimes the world just doesn't want you to look cute. That was my Wednesday. I had a pretty awesome outfit picked out and then I rolled out of bed and it just didn't seem appealing at all. BTW, I always pick out my clothes the night before. I find it gives me more time to sleep in the morning. Considering how much time rummaging through my closet takes up of my evenings, I would be late for work almost everyday.

Today is Thursday. Which means one day closer to Friday. Which means I get to go to Iowa! I'm so looking forward to this trip. Not only am I super excited to see everyone, sometimes you just need a change of scenery. Wide open spaces tend to melt my stress away instantly. 

My photo shoot today is the exact opposite of wide open spaces. It was such a gross day outside so instead of going outdoors I thought I would stand in front of them. From the 16th floor. On a clear, pretty day you could maybe see the lake behind me. Not today. Today was awful. Ice, snow, and rain is not a good combo for anything. Especially walking. That's right. I fell. Right outside my apartment. Don't worry, I'm ok. I just scrapped my knee, ruined a pair of tights, and bruised my pride. Luckily I was close enough to go back in and clean myself up and you wouldn't have any idea I basically did the splits on the sidewalk this morning.

This outfit is one I've been trying to create for sometime now. I finally found this dress at Target. It's the perfect basic shape and color for some fun pattern mixing. Plaid and leopard might be one of my all time favorite combos. Have I mentioned how obsessed I am with leopard print?  If not, I am obsessed. Like very obsessed.






Pics are a tad grainy, sorry!!

Dress: Target
Shirt: Old Navy- Similar here
Belt: H&M
Tights: H&M
Boots: ALDO Similar here
Watch: Michael Kors

No comments:

Post a Comment