Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Long Weekend

Hi there, I'm back. Hope everyone had a great weekend! I was lucky enough to have Monday off for President's Day but alas, I'm a sleepy Katie today. 

My weekend was just delightful. Started off with our Valentine's date at Piccolo Sogno. The food was decent but nothing to write home about. The experience and the company was the best part. Saturday Nick and I stayed in most of the day because it was so cold. We had a friend's birthday party that night and played Whirly Ball. This is a strange game that you are on teams and ride a round in basically a bumper car with a lacrosse stick looking thing. The goal is to try to put a whiffle ball through a hole on what is kind of like a basketball hoop, but not. I know, you totally can't picture right? Needless to  say this game can get pretty aggressive and you might come out of it with a bruise or two. Or in my case five. I bruised my hip bones. Don't ask me how but it happened. Sunday was recovery day and then Monday Nick and I went to the Museum of Science and Industry. This wasn't the greatest idea because apparently Chicago schools had the day off too. So many small creatures with runny noses touching everything in sight. Yikes. Nick does get free admission through work though so that was nice. Here are a few highlights from the weekend.

Sweet street art, my hunny, hunny the astronaut, whirlyball, hipster Thor. 
Today I am sleepy. And you can tell. Sorry! This outfit was pulled straight from the LOFT catalog. No joke, exact styling. I'm not creative on sleepy days so I just rely on magazines to be creative for me. I promise I'll buck up for the rest of the week! Yay!


Sleepy hysterics




Shirt: LOFT
Sweater: LOFT 
Jeans: Levi's 
Boots: American Eagle 
Necklace: JCrew Factory


No comments:

Post a Comment