Monday, February 4, 2013

Nesting

It's Monday. The day that brings back harsh reality from a lovely, relaxing weekend. I don't hate Monday. I just like every other day of the week better.

This weekend was kinda wonderful. Nick and I did married people stuff. I guess you could call it nesting? Saturday we got up and lounged while we drank coffee. Nick is a coffee snob. So he makes "special" coffee. And it's delicious. We then hit the road to the suburbs where Nick's mom lives. She got a new entertainment center and we went to put it together for her. When I say WE I mostly mean ME. Nick is still on crutches from a gnarly snowboarding fall so he oversaw the operation. We got his mom all set up and made a trip to IKEA. When I think of IKEA I generally think of this:


Horrifying. But even with Nick on crutches we got in and out with no disagreements at all! Go us! We came back home with our new purchases and decided pizza and beer sounded great. And it was. And then I built some more furniture. Maybe I should think about changing professions?

Sunday we went to Crate and Barrel to exchange some multiples from our wedding registry. I know. IKEA and Crate and Barrel all in one weekend?! Call us crazy! Nick was pretty much worn out from all the running around so we enjoyed the Super Bowl from our couch. Just us and the cats and it was perfect. Here is my favorite commercial. I don't know if the wine helped but I legit cried when I saw it. Reminds me of my hard working family in Iowa. So great.



Today's outfit is what I call cute and comfy. I saw snow this morning and just wanted a pair of boots and a huge scarf. And since I can't look like a total slob at work I threw on a dress. I just love a snow covered city. Until it melts. And becomes one giant slushy puddle. Ew.






Dress: Express
Jacket: American Eagle-Similar here
Scarf: Forever 21-Similar here
Tights: H&M
Socks: H&M-Similar here
Boots: Madden Girl
Watch: Michael Kors

No comments:

Post a Comment