Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Steel Magnolias & Pleather

Happy hump day! This week seems to be flying by and let's just say, I'm not mad about it. 

Last night I went out for drinks for my friend Annie's birthday. Happy Birthday  Banana!!! Then I came home and watched an episode of Downton Abbey. If you aren't already watching this show you should be. That's also coming from an English history nerd who watches public television frequently. But still, give it a shot. 

Nick (husband) is in North Carolina on business so that means GIRL DATES! Tonight my friend Greta is coming over to watch Steel Magnolias. Cause the girl has NEVER seen it! I found this out last night and after I got over my initial state of shock I told her she can't be my friend until she sees it. So our friendship is on the line until this evening. We will laugh, we will cry, and I will be saying "pink is my signature color" for the next two weeks. Pink is not my signature color. If I had a signature color it might be gray. Depressing I know. It just goes with/complements everything ok?!

Today's outfit is one of my favs. The skirt was a complete impulse buy and it was totally worth it. I wear it all the time! You may be thinking "Really Katie, a pleather skirt?" But really, it just adds the right amount of girly badassness I try to achieve on a daily basis. Yup, girly badass. I'm sticking with it.






Sweater: Old Navy-Similar here
Skirt: H&M-Similar here and here
Tights: H&M-Similar here
Boots: Express-Similar here
Necklace: Presence-Similar here
Watch: Michael Kors

Photos taken by ChrissyBru. Check out her blog Bru About Town! This girl gets around (the town, duh!) and shows you all those hidden gems in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment